Esplanade Presents | Mosaic Music Series The Rare Occasions (USA)28 Mar 2024 (Thu)
Date and Time
28 Mar 2024 : 19:30 - 21:00
Location / Links
Esplanade Annexe Studio
$63.75 - $75.00
The Rare Occasions are an LA-based, New England-bred indie rock band known for their frenzied ‘90s inspired garage rock anthems and catchy vocal harmonies.
Brian McLaughlin (singer) and Luke Imbusch (drummer) have been making music together since their early teenage years. They formed The Rare Occasions while attending college in Boston where they met Jeremy Cohen (bassist). Since then, the band have toured nationally, won the John Lennon Songwriting Contest, and released a vast catalog of music online.
In 2021, the band released their first album as a trio, Big Whoop, which received significant press and radio play. Around the same time, their 2016 track Notion went viral on TikTok and continues to make waves. The track topped Spotify’s viral chart in the US and several other countries, landed on Billboard’s alternative charts and top 100 singles charts in the UK, Ireland, and Canada, and certified Platinum in 2023.
The Rare Occasions released their new EP, Attaboy, on 4 Nov 2022. The first single off the EP, Seasick, garnered the attention of radio DJs across the country including SiriusXM’s Alt Nation with the second single Not Afraid being an explosive follow-up. After sharing Attaboy’s hard-hitting riffs, danceable grooves, and ear-catching melodies with audiences on two recent nationwide tours, the band has shifted its efforts towards new music.
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance.
- Infants in arms or children below the age of 6 shall not be admitted.
- Children aged 6 years and above must purchase ticket for admission.
Late Seating Advisory
- You are strongly advised to be seated before the performance start time.
- Latecomers will be admitted during suitable breaks, if any.
- Exceptions may be made at Esplanade's discretion depending on the nature of the performance.
Photography/Video Recording Rules
- No unauthorised photography, video and audio recording is allowed for this event.
- Please note that photographs and videos of patrons may be taken at this event for use in our archival and publicity material.
Help Us Keep Everyone Safe
- Strictly no food & beverage allowed in the performance venues.
- Stay at home if you're unwell.
Editor's Top Picks
Events That Match Your Vibe
Be The First To Catch the Hottest Events
Why settle for the ordinary?
Don't wait in line. Get the newest and hottest event updates sent to you!