Esplanade Presents | Kalaa Utsavam 2023 • Mandala Dot Painting Parent-Child Workshop by Little Dots and Dashes (Singapore)26 Nov 2023 (Sun)
Date and Time
26 Nov 2023 : 11:00 - 12:30
Location / Links
The mandala—meaning “circle” in Sanskrit—is a design that originated from Hindu and Buddhist cultures, one that has endured and remained relevant centuries after it was first created. This art form uses circles and other geometric designs to represent the essence of life, and draws a focal point for concentration through its repetitiveness and vibrant play of colours.
Founded by educator and trainer Uma, Little Dots and Dashes will showcase and teach mandala dot painting through a contemporary lens. Come enjoy this meditative practice and take home your own clay lamp at the end of the workshop!
Uma is a Singaporean social entrepreneur, trainer and educator formerly from the RSAF. Her advocacy for mandala dot painting stemmed from her personal experiences during the pandemic. Realising its potential, this therapeutic and meditative art form has evolved into a meaningful exercise for wellness and teambuilding, which Uma achieves through Little Dots and Dashes.
Facebook: Little Dots & Dashes
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance.
- Infants in arms or children below the age of 6 shall not be admitted.
- Children aged 6 years and above must purchase ticket for admission.
- Accompanying adult must be at least 16 years old.
Late Seating Advisory
- You are strongly advised to be seated before the workshop start time.
- Latecomers will be admitted during suitable breaks, if any.
- Exceptions may be made at Esplanade's discretion depending on the nature of the performance.
Photography/Video Recording Rules
- No unauthorised photography, video and audio recording is allowed for this event.
- Please note that photographs and videos of patrons may be taken at this event for use in our archival and publicity material.
Help Us Keep Everyone Safe
- Strictly no food & beverage allowed in the performance venues.
- Stay at home if you're unwell.
Events That Match Your Vibe
Editor's Top Picks
Be The First To Catch the Hottest Events
Why settle for the ordinary?
Don't wait in line. Get the newest and hottest event updates sent to you!