Esplanade Presents | Limelight 2023 — Anglican High Choir23 Nov 2023 (Thu)
Date and Time
23 Nov 2023 : 19:30 - 20:30
Location / Links
Esplanade Concert Hall
After an extended interlude due to the pandemic, the Anglican High Choir is thankful to be back at the Esplanade Concert Hall, where they will be performing as part of Esplanade’s Limelight series. Alongside the choir alumni, the choir will present an eclectic mix of choral works, centred around the theme of gratitude. The evening’s programme will feature pieces by Moses Hogan, commemorating the 20th anniversary of his passing. The performance will also include John Rutter's musical interpretation of The Reluctant Dragon, bringing to stage Kenneth Grahame's empowering story of overcoming prejudice through the acceptance of differences.
About Anglican High Choir
The Anglican High Choir comprises dedicated students who are passionate about making music. With a strong focus on choral excellence under the baton of Mr Terrence Toh, they not only strive to create harmonious melodies but also prioritise training members to become competent singers. The choir has garnered top accolades both internationally and in Singapore. Some of these accolades include consecutive Gold with Honours awards at the biennial Singapore Youth Festival (SYF) Central Judging of Choirs from 2005 to 2011, and the Certificate of Distinction at the SYF Arts Presentation from 2013 to 2023.
The choir participated at the International Franz Schubert Choir Competition held in Vienna in 2012 and clinched a Silver IX Award. They also took part in the Orientale Concentus VII International Choral Festival held in Singapore in 2014 and emerged category winners. In 2008, the choir competed in the Festival of Songs in Olomouc, Czech Republic and clinched a Gold award, having scored 99 points out of 100. In 2010, the choir competed in the 11th Consorso Corale Internazionale in Riva Del Garda, Italy and was awarded with a Gold II Diploma award.
In 2018, the choir presented Quispiam Novus: The Start of Something New and a virtual concert in 2020 titled Quispiam Novus: Lux Brumalis. Guided by their motto "we sing to bless, not to impress" the choir aims to uplift hearts through the power of music and inspire others with their heartfelt performances.
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance.
- Infants in arms or children below the age of 6 shall not be admitted.
- Children aged 6 years and above must purchase tickets for admission.
Late Seating Advisory
- You are strongly advised to be seated before the performance start time.
- Latecomers will be admitted during suitable breaks, if any.
- Exceptions may be made at Esplanade's discretion depending on the nature of the performance.
Photography/Video Recording Rules
- Unauthorised photography, video and audio recording are not permitted during the performance.
- Please note that photographs and videos of patrons may be taken at this event for use in our archival and publicity material.
Help Us Keep Everyone Safe
- Strictly no food & beverage allowed in the performance venues.
- Stay at home if you're unwell.
Events That Match Your Vibe
Editor's Top Picks
Be The First To Catch the Hottest Events
Why settle for the ordinary?
Don't wait in line. Get the newest and hottest event updates sent to you!