Esplanade Presents | da:ns da:ns focus – EveryBody Educator’s Workshop: Creating Access in Dance by Restless Dance Theatre (Australia)21 Apr 2024 (Sun)
Date and Time
21 Apr 2024 : 16:30 - 18:00
Location / Links
Esplanade Annexe Studio
This workshop is specifically designed for professional development for teachers, educators, dance and movement artists and other professionals who have a keen interest in creating access in dance.The workshop will cover how to create comfortable and inclusive learning environments, how to effectively communicate with participants using inclusive language, and be provided with examples of tasks and ideas that will encourage movement and choreography.Participants of this workshop will receive tools, building blocks, and creative ideas to enhance their teaching methods. Restless Dance Theatre will introduce creative methodologies that underpin the company’s practice, and provide insights into how Company dancers collaboratively devise work in a creative environment.This workshop is facilitated by Larissa McGowan (Restless Dance Theatre Associate Artist and Assistant Director of Listen to See) and company dancers of Restless Dance Theatre.This programme is presented as part of da:ns focus – EveryBody, a weekend of dance which challenges conventions by presenting high quality works and experiences focusing on inclusivity, diversity and participation, where we encourage everybody and every body to experience dance.Admission age: 18 and above
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance.
- Infants in arms or children shall not be admitted.
- Admission age: 18 and above
Late Admission Advisory
- You are strongly advised to arrive before the event start time.
- Latecomers may be admitted during suitable breaks, if any
- Exceptions may be made at Esplanade's discretion depending on the nature of the event.
Photography/Video Recording Rules
- No unauthorised photography, video and audio recording is allowed for this event.
- Please note that photographs and videos of patrons may be taken at this event for use in our archival and publicity material.
Help Us Keep Everyone Safe
- Strictly no food & beverage allowed in the performance venues.
- Stay at home if you're unwell.
Editor's Top Picks
Events That Match Your Vibe
Be The First To Catch the Hottest Events
Why settle for the ordinary?
Don't wait in line. Get the newest and hottest event updates sent to you!