March On 2024 | Come Under My Umbrella (Caregiver – Child Workshop) By SOMAYOKE and ARTFOLD (SINGAPORE)09 Mar 2024 (Sat)
Date and Time
09 Mar 2024 : 16:00 - 18:00
Location / Links
Esplanade Rehearsal Studio
Come Under my Umbrella is a family workshop that invites caregivers and children to explore the concept of the body as a shelter. Through engaging games, reflections, and expressive body movements, we create a safe and nurturing space for children to delve into potential threats they may encounter and discover what they need to feel safe. At the same time, caregivers are encouraged to reflect on their role as a shelter and the importance of self-care.
This interactive session also promotes open discussion on body safety, empowering both children and adults to understand and assert personal boundaries. Through the workshop, families will learn how to foster an environment where they learn to listen to their bodies and trust their body wisdom.
As a meaningful takeaway, each caregiver-child group will have the opportunity to engage in collaborative art-making, personalising their own umbrella, symbolising a physical and metaphorical shelter that can protect them from life's inevitable storms.ARTFOLD
Ivy is a co-founder of ARTFOLD, a safe creative space that offers art therapy, therapeutic art activities and workshops for individuals, corporate and social service organisations. As an accredited psychotherapist and social worker, she has journeyed with children and families, processing complex traumatic events and making sense of their world through the awe-inspiring healing powers of art-making. SOMAYOKE
Yoke Wen has journeyed with vulnerable children, adults, and families over the past decade as a trauma-informed facilitator, trainer, and writer. She founded SOMAYOKE in 2019 to facilitate safe spaces for trauma healing for children, teens, adults, and communities. SOMAYOKE offers therapeutic services, trauma training, and consultation using body-based perspectives and tools to explore safety and healing in mind, body, and breath. Connecting with children has always brought tremendous joy and she enjoys doing this using their language—fun and play!
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance.
- Children aged 6 years and above must purchase ticket for admission.
- Infants in arms or children below the age of 6 shall not be admitted.
- Recommended age: 6 – 10 years old
- Child must be accompanied by at least 1 adult of 16 years and above. Please purchase at least 2 tickets (1 adult + 1 child), or 3 tickets (1 adult + 2 children or 2 adults + 1 child).
- Ticket is required for each person.
- You are strongly advised to be seated before the workshop's start time.
- Latecomers will be admitted during suitable breaks, if any.
- Exceptions may be made at Esplanade's discretion depending on the nature of the event.
Photography/Video Recording Rules
- No unauthorised photography, video and audio recording is allowed for this event.
- Please note that photographs and videos of patrons may be taken at this event for use in our archival and publicity material.
Help Us Keep Everyone Safe
- Strictly no food & beverage allowed in the performance venues.
- Stay at home if you're unwell.
Editor's Top Picks
Events That Match Your Vibe
Be The First To Catch the Hottest Events
Why settle for the ordinary?
Don't wait in line. Get the newest and hottest event updates sent to you!